Saturday 19 February 2011

Secret Lives of Dresses.

Hi He Hi Lovers of Vintage.....

My sister brought me the book Secret Lives of Dresses for Christmas and I have been waiting for the opportunity to start reading it.
I was not entirely sure that it was going to be my cup of tea as I have tendency to read mainly factual, fashion, Autobiographies or Biographies, so yes to be honest it was with a little bit of trepidation that I opened and read the first few pages........
In side I discovered to my utter amazement  a captivating and enchanting novel for every girl who loves vintage clothing and knows that the right vintage dress can make her feel like a million pound and......... maybe....
maybe .........just maybe even change her life.
   
I also found that whilst reading the secret lives of dresses I began to look at each of the vintage dresses that I own in a new way, wondering what each one of their story or stories is......

What ever the story of any of my dresses I intend a whole new chapter / history for each and everyone of them.....
Together we have lots of places to go, people to see, champagne and Pimms to be drank....
Vintage cars to be driven, steam trains to be caught and Jives and Lindy hops to be danced.......

But most important I love and cherish each and everyone of my lovely vintage dresses.

TTFN x




 

1 comment:

  1. That's what I love about vintage and 2nd hand stuff (clothes or any object)- you can imagine a history. I tend to do it more with furniture, although I KNOW most of the history of mine as it's all gleaned from family!

    ReplyDelete