Friday 14 January 2011

A Case Of Tit For Tat.


Or in this case tatting to cover a tit…… pardon the French….
The Pictorial Guide to Modern Home Dressmaking in 1940 suggested that ……a gal could make her coupons go a little bit further by tatting herself a brassiere from crochet cotton, or knit or crochet a brassiere and use wide elastic over the back .
One of my girlfriends who is a buxom gal was in fits of giggles at this idea informing me that a pattern for a string bag one for each of hers would be more appropriate, and what about nipples burn, oh makes the eyes water just talking about it
The very same pictorial  also suggests that alternatively  a very dainty brassiere could be made from a pretty trimmed handkerchief.,  ones again my girlfriend was in fits of giggles, well so declared I would need a head scarf for each, a pretty trimmed on of course....more giggles.
I know that these items were suggested for those gals with smaller busts…..
But the idea just made me smile and giggle... brighten my day ..
 
TTFN.

draft

No comments:

Post a Comment